Often when a customer has had dedicated electrics fitted with their towbar, their vehicle electrics will need to be recoded. The dedicated wiring loom is designed to be fully integrated with the vehicle electrical systems often into the vehicle’s canbus system.
Re-coding towing electrics is like rebooting your computer. When recoded, the vehicle understands it will be towing and adjusts its’ functions accordingly.
Towbar recoding service Wales / South West England
Fortress Vehicle Security offer a complete diagnostic and coding service using electronic equipment manufactured by Westfalia Automotive. Westfalia the inventors of the towbar are EU and global leaders in towbar technology and electronic re-coding equipment.
This state-of-the-art diagnostic tool is specifically designed for towbar fitting, guaranteeing that your vehicle’s control unit is set correctly and your towbar interacts with all the computer systems and safety features built into your vehicle.
In addition, we only use manufacturer approved vehicle spacific wiring kits to guarantee, quality, safety and peace of mind. No need for expensive, main dealer, downloads and sky high labor charges–everything can be re-coded by us as part of your towbar installation.
With vehicle electronics getting more complex it is often important that this is the best way to wire up a towbar, whether 7 pin or 13 pin trailer or caravan. We use a range of wiring kits from original manufacturers, Right Connections and ECS, who all supply products with full EC Type approval.
Modern vehicles are increasingly equipped with advanced electronic systems with specific features and settings to aid towing.
Our Diagnostic Equipment will facilitate re-coding (where necessary) for the following fittings:
- Fog Light Cut Out. This feature turns out the vehicle’s fog lights when a trailer is plugged in.
- Parking Sensor
- Modern vehicles are increasingly equipped with advanced electronic systems with specific features and settings to aid towing. Our Diagnostic Equipment will facilitate re-coding (where necessary) for the following fittings:
- Cut Out. This feature turns off the reversing sensors when a trailer or caravan is plugged in.
- Instrument Display Indication. This feature utilises a light on the instrument panel to indicate trailer signalling is working.
- Bulb Failure Detection. This feature can detect when a bulb is not operating on the trailer or caravan.
- More and more modern vehicle are fitted with Trailer Stability Program. This programmer detects ‘snaking’ whilst towing a trailer or caravan and messages the vehicle’s braking and engine management system to adjust and regain control. Fitting dedicated towing electrics to your vehicle guarantee you car and caravan work together to keep all the vehicle safety system work together.
We can recode your vehicle post DIY installation or by a garage who doesn’t stock coding software.
Mobile Fitting service in South Wales / South West England.